Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a worldwide public health problem with adverse outcomes of kidney
failure and premature death. In India, Global Burden of Disease (GBD) 2015 ranks Chronic Kidney Disease as the eighth leading cause of death.
One in every 10 adults in India suffers from Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), at any given point. In a multicentric study, conducted by the Indian Society of Nephrology (ISN), the mean age of people with CKD was investigated and it was found that about 20% of patients were aged 38 years.
Identification of CKD in early stages helps to delay the progression of the disease which in turn decreases the economic burden on individual, family and community.
In this context, we have worked to meet the need of medical professionals to have access to CKD
management resources and announce the launch of the Three Months Certification Course in Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD). This is a three months certificate course and it has been accredited by the Indian Society of Nephrology (ISN).
The course aims to cover the pathophysiology, presentation, diagnosis of CKD and its complications and treatment of CKD. We hope this course will help clinicians to provide better kidney care to their patients.
We hope that doctors in India avail this opportunity to educate themselves about their key role in detecting and reducing the risk of CKD and in controlling the CKD epidemic.
- Understand the pathophysiology, presentation, diagnosis of CKD and its complications.
- Complete management of CKD and indications for referral to a nephrologist and follow-up and monitoring required
- To understand the treatment of reversible causes of renal failure in a patient with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and measures to slow progression of kidney disease.
- Understanding and evaluating chronic kidney disease in pregnancy, elderly and children
- The various types of vascular access in dialysis. When to create the access and their relative merits and drawbacks.
- Course developed by expert panel of nephrologists.
- Accreditation by Indian Society of Nephrology (ISN)
- Evidence based and peer reviewed content
- E-learning course designed to fit in the workflow of busy clinicians
Introduction to chronic kidney disease
Screening and diagnostic approach to chronic kidney disease
Clinical assessment in chronic kidney disease
Management approach to a patient with chronic kidney disease
Diabetic and hypertensive nephropathy
Dealing with progression of chronic kidney disease
Managing Chronic Kidney Disease in elderly people
Chronic Kidney Disease in Pregnancy
Vaccinations in chronic kidney disease
Creating vascular access in patients with chronic kidney disease
Nutrition in adults with chronic kidney disease
Nutrition in children with chronic kidney disease